– Patients are able to tolerate the procedure fairly easily, side effects can include dryness, some redness or swelling which can last for several days (or longer).
– Be sure to protect the skin from sun exposure after the procedure.
– For acne scar treatments, use a gentler cleaning for nightly face cleaning. Repeat in the morning so makeup or lotions can be routinely used.
– Post-procedure wound infections are quite rare as micro wounds from the microneedling close quickly.
– If necessary, emollients or antibiotics could be prescribed.
– Skin rejuvenation can occur as soon as 2 weeks, but in some cases it can occur in as much as 6 to 8 months afterwards. This heavily depends on the amount of sessions.
– Burn scar results can take between 6 months to 1 year to show.
Dr. Sheffield and his team understand the importance of physical appearance and we strive to help you reach your aesthetic goals. Call (805) 318-3280 to schedule an appointment or go to https://sbaesthetics.com/ to schedule a consultation.
SB Aesthetics Medical Spa
2320 Bath St. #203 Santa Barbara, CA 93105