SCHEDULE YOUR NECK LIFT CONSULTATION OR CALL (805) 318-3280 TODAY!
There are a number of ways to perform the lower face lift and typically includes for fat removal while the latter procedures focus on removal and the tightening of neck muscles. , depending on the objectives of each person. , platysmaplasty and cervicoplasty are available. A lower and
The lower rhytidectomy is also performed in tandem with other facial surgeries, such as an , or . Dr. Sheffield is well experienced with and he will examine your facial anatomy. The consultation will also focus on your aesthetic objectives. This allows for a fully customized treatment plan to take place.
Contour issues of the neck are frequently age related but not always. Contributing to blunting of the neck line is usually extra subcutaneous fat, and muscle (platysmal) bands.
Blunting of the with many neck procedures. Removal of fat suction can be selectively used especially for the younger person, however, when is an issue tightening is necessary. This can be accomplished by the traditional where incisions are placed just in back of the ear and along the hairline. If bands are present a direct approach can be done. Alternatively, there are thermal tightening procedures for such as the plasma which offer limited incisions. laterally can also be caused by a lower position of of a salivary gland. Traditionally general anesthesia is used in
Over the years Dr. Sheffield has found localalized anesthesia for to be more accepting to many patients. Choosing the right for each person is the key to the best outcome.
AM I CANDIDATE FOR THE ?
The top candidates are in good physical and psychological health. They also want to be rid of loose neck tissue on their neck and are looking to tighten the lines along the jaw.
During the consultation, Dr. Sheffield will discuss one’s goals and expectations for the . This is how the person is aligned with the treatment that they need.
Medical history (including any past surgical procedures), allergies, present medical conditions, and medications must be discussed. Patients need to be completely honest with this information because of the medical conditions that can increase their risk factors.
If the person is determined to be a viable candidate for lower rhytidectomy, Dr. Sheffield explains the side effects and costs associated with your . Selecting Dr. Sheffield is the best choice for patients in search of a board certified who is held in the highest esteem by his colleagues.
Lower rhytidectomy utilizes a number of different procedures and techniques, including:
• Platysmaplasty (muscle sheet realignment): this addresses the looser that has accumulated at the front of the person’s neck. Dr. Sheffield makes the necessary incisions under the chin or behind the ears. From there, the neck muscle bands are re-aligned to create a better neck angulation.
Patients who combine the with removal of fat suction should expect a that lasts anywhere between 60 to 90 minutes.
Platysmaplasty relies on the two following techniques:
• Corset Platysmaplasty: Patients who suffer from neck banding or hanging rely on this technique.
• Purse String/Hammock Platysmaplasty: this is a technique that male patients tend to rely upon due to the deeper structure of a man’s neck.
Mesh (Alloderm) is used as a “hammock” to keep the neck muscles tight and capture . When platysma banding occurs, neck muscles are tightened when the makes hidden incisions below the’s person’s chin. From there, the edges of each side of the muscle are quilted together to formulate a new and improved neckline.
Other techniques include:
• Cervicoplasty: Excess, sagging is removed from the neck area so that the neck tissue can be re-positioned of the neck tissue to create a more youthful appearance within the contours of the neck.
• Neck local or general anesthesia. Tiny incisions are made underneath the chin and a vacuum device is attached to the ‘s cannula (thin surgical instrument) as a means of suctioning off .: By removing fat, a dramatic effect is had. The neck is re-contoured and this also allows for tissue tightening and volume reduction. The is performed under
Smaller fat suction instruments are used in a micro- to handle the more detailed contouring concerns that take place in certain neck areas.
• Laser Assisted : Neck fat is removed with lasers and patients are left with a far more defined silhouette. Patients are injected with a tumescent solution during this . This mixture of epinephrine and local ized anesthesia reduces bleeding and minimizes pain.
The fat becomes swollen and firm, making for a much easier removal. A CO2 laser is utilized to treat the back surface or interior of the neck musculature and and musculature. Fat cells are permanently destroyed by the laser’s thermal heat.
• Cervical Lipectomy: A small opening is made underneath the neck and patients looking to remove fatty tissue from the central neck region are assisted. This technique tends to be performed in tandem with platysmaplasty or neck .
• Submentoplasty: Patients who do not possess the desired amount of laxity for rely on this . Cervical lipectomy, neck and platysmaplasty are combined. The T-shaped that takes place underneath the chin is well concealed.