Luckily, there are some surgical treatments that you can consider to counteract those effects. Getting a lip lift can help to correct any problems you may have and restore a better balance and more youthful look. Patients with a longer upper and minimal incisoral show are good candidates for the procedure. In addition, the surgical procedure also helps to lift up your lip’s position in terms of the positioning of your teeth, which creates a youthful smile. The end result is an aesthetically pleasing and more youthful look.
Lip Lift can help restore a better balance and a more youthful look to your face. If you want a non-invasive approach to a lip lift which can help rejuvenate lips and help them look vibrant and beautiful, contact Dr. Sheffield at SB Aesthetics to discuss a treatment plan to determine if you are a candidate for silhouette lift.
Call (805) 318-3280 to schedule your consultation or submit an inquiry with our online contact form today!
How is Lip Lift Done?
An incision is made along the curve of the base of the patient’s nose. Next, a small strip or piece of skin is then removed to allow the lip to be lifted up. A corner lift of the lip is usually performed at the same time. It is a very popular cosmetic surgery and is recommended together with other beneficial procedure such as the Silhouette Lift
What Are The Types Of Lip Lifts?
Depending on your unique situation, there are different kinds of lip lifts available from gull-wing and bull-horn to Italian and corner lip lift. What differentiates these different types is where the incisions are placed on the face. After reviewing your anatomy and specific needs, Dr. Sheffield will be able to recommend the most suitable lip lift. Here are the different types:
- Gull-wing lip lift – An M-shaped or gull-wing incision is made on the vermilion of the upper lips. The main objective of this surgical procedure is extending the lip’s border. Since it can result in visible scarring, it is usually not the preferred option for many surgeons and patients.
- Bull-horn lip lift –A bull-horn incision is made in the space between the nose and mouth. This lip lift is done to reduce the distance that exists between the nose and upper lip.
- Corner lip lift – The corner lip lift involves incisions at the corners of the upper lip. Its objective is to help in correcting a drooping lip that can usually result in an aged or sad look.
- Italian lip lift – This is just the same as bull-horn lip lift, only that it requires two different incisions placed below each nostril rather than a long one.
Am I Eligible For A Lip Lift?
Here are a few things you can check to see whether you are eligible for a lip lift:
- Thin and flat lips due to age.
- Long nasolabial folds.
- Aging lips make your look angry or sad.
- Lips are drooping and hiding your smile or teeth.
- Unbalanced lips
- Upper lip seems too long
- Or you are just dissatisfied with how your lips look.
Getting a surgical lip lift is an effective way to get lasting results. Contact us today to schedule a consultation for your lip lift.