Rhinoplasty Has a Wide Range of Amazing Advantages
How Rhinoplasty Can Change Your Life
Rhinoplasty procedures or ‘nose jobs’ are generally used for changing the shape and size of the nose. However, most people remain unaware of the positive impact such procedures have on the emotional, physical, and mental health of the patient. Expert facial plastic surgeons like Dr. Robert Sheffield from Santa Barbara offer rhinoplasty surgery services that can do a lot more than just removing an unwanted hump from your nose. If you’re looking to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure, keep reading to learn more about the positive impact it can have on your life.
What physical benefits are to be gained from a rhinoplasty procedure?
Rhinoplasty surgery is among the most requested cosmetic surgery procedures in the country today – and not without good reason. People looking to enhance their appearance through cosmetic procedures generally opt for rhinoplasty for the following reasons:
- Nose size reduction – Having an unusually large nose may distract others from noticing other features on your face whereas a tiny nose may draw attention to unwanted features. A size correction procedure balances everything out, giving you an aesthetically pleasing face.
- Alar Tip – If you have a pinched, droopy, or bulbous nose tip, it may diminish your physical appearance significantly. Dr. Miller cites tip refinement as the top reason why patients approach him for rhinoplasty. The tip can be rotated, resized, or reshaped to achieve optimal results in conjunction with other corrections.
- Removing A Nasal Dorsal Hump – Having a bump or hump on the nasal dorsal bridge can erode your confidence. Dorsal humps tend to amplify the size of the nose, even distorting the nasal tip in some cases. Trimming it away will enhance the appearance of your nose significantly.
- Correcting Wide Nostrils – The appearance of your nose is affected by several factors, including the shape and size of your nostrils. Rhinoplasty can adjust their sizes to ensure your nose’s base and bridge are in proportion. Some cases only require an alarplasty procedure (which is done only on one’s nostrils), for obtaining the desired appearance.
- Correcting A Pollybeak Deformity – When the nose tip has a droopy, downward curve, it is called a pollybeak deformity. When combined with an abnormally large supratip on the nasal bridge, this condition causes the nose to resemble a bird’s beak, hence the origin of the name. This condition requires a nose surgery to be done by a competent rhinoplasty surgeon before it can be corrected.
- Correcting a Saddlenose Deformity – This happens to be a condition in which the nasal dorsal lacks the appropriate depth or height. An expert rhinoplasty surgeon like Dr. Robert Sheffield will generally reduce the depression apparent on the nose and reshape it to enhance your appearance.
- Correcting a Hanging Columella – When the skin located between both nostrils hangs down excessively, it is called a hanging columella. While the degree of the hanging columella may vary widely, it can be easily corrected by a skilled plastic surgeon with ease.
- Correcting an Asymmetrical Nose – Uneven nostrils, crooked noses, and other imperfections may have a negative impact on the beauty of your nose. Such asymmetries may even cause breathing difficulties in certain cases. Rhinoplasty can restore both function and form to your nose, thus allowing you to breathe naturally and boosting your self-confidence.
If the condition you’re worried about hasn’t been covered in this list, that’s not to say it cannot be corrected. Seek a consultation with a skilled facial plastic surgeon immediately to talk about your concerns. Competent surgeons like Dr. Robert Sheffield in Santa Barbara will answer all your queries carefully and offer an elegant solution that works brilliantly.
What health benefits are to be gained from a rhinoplasty procedure?
Thanks to the advances made by modern medicine, we have numerous products to improve and enhance breathing patterns, from humidifiers to saline nasal sprays to nose strips. People with breathing difficulties know what a struggle it is to suffer from such conditions. For most people, their breathing troubles can be resolved with a simple rhinoplasty procedure. Widening both nostrils, correcting a problematic deviated septum, etc. are all simple procedures that can drastically improve the quality of your breathing.
There are numerous reasons to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure – it doesn’t have to be cosmetic alone. Many people suffer from sleep apnea, which is usually a symptom of a nasal issue. A simple rhinoplasty can enhance your general sleeping and breathing patterns by providing a surgical solution to this problem. If you want to know whether rhinoplasty will improve your sleep quality, reach out to a facial plastic surgeon and a physician for a professional analysis of your health conditions and the appropriate solutions to resolve them. Go to medlineplus.gov for more information regarding rhinoplasty procedures.
What emotional benefits are to be gained from a rhinoplasty procedure?
Whether your rhinoplasty procedure is to improve the function of the nose or its form, you’ll see that it’ll also bring about a drastic improvement in your mental health. Rhinoplasty has numerous benefits to offer apart from its cosmetic and physical benefits, such as improving your self-esteem and eliminating insecurities regarding your nose. Do note that rhinoplasty patients shouldn’t undergo their procedures expecting a miracle – keep your expectations realistic and understand the surgery’s implications carefully. While healing the mind cannot be done with a surgical procedure alone, rhinoplasty makes it much easier as you won’t be bogged down by your appearance again. Here’s how rhinoplasty can change your life:
- Improved self-esteem: Have you always been insecure with the way your nose looks? A rhinoplasty will finally allow you to adopt a healthier attitude towards your body.
- Improved social interactions: Many people with nasal deformities shy away from social situations, out of worry over their appearance. Rhinoplasty can take away these worries and help you engage better with others without being worried about your looks unnecessarily.
- Enjoy more success at the workplace: Patients often report an improvement in their workplace performance after their procedures, thanks to the self-confidence boost. When you project a positive attitude, your colleagues and boss will be impressed with your performance.
- End school/workplace bullying: A deformed nose may attract hurtful comments from bullies, be it at school or the workplace. While it’s important to speak out against such behaviors, there is a point where it might make more sense to have a procedure done to end this issue. Such negative bullying can have lifelong consequences, which can be easily avoided with this simple procedure.
Although rhinoplasty isn’t a magic wand that’ll make your insecurities go away magically, it is a useful tool, which when combined with the expertise of a skilled facial plastic surgeon and realistic expectations, will improve your cosmetic, physical, and emotional health tremendously.
Interested to know about your rhinoplasty options? Whether you are thinking about having cosmetic surgery, a non-surgical procedure or have had prior surgery and are seeking additional touch-ups, it is critical to work with a skilled plastic surgeon that specializes in facial procedures. Dr. Robert Sheffield is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon at SB Aesthetics offering services to those in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Oxnard and Ventura, CA, and the surrounding communities. Dr. Sheffield offers patients a customized treatment plan and is available to answer your questions. To schedule a consultation, call 805.318.3280 today.