Re-shaping the nose (Rhinoplasty)
An even minor change in nose size or shape can have an enormous impact on the overall appearance of a person, making the nose one of the most important features of the face. Cosmetic rhinoplasty aims to enhance the nose’s aesthetics and bring it into balance with the rest of the person’s face.
The inside of the nose can also be reshaped with rhinoplasty to make breathing easier. The term “nose job,” “nose reshaping,” or “nasal surgery” refers to a medical procedure known as rhinoplasty. Reconstruction and shaping of the nose’s bone and cartilage is the goal of this procedure.
How Do I Know if a Plastic Surgeon Is the Right Fit For Me?
Rhinoplasty surgery is sought after for a variety of reasons. Some people have difficulty breathing normally. Others have suffered a traumatic facial injury and are looking to correct the asymmetry that has resulted as a result. Many rhinoplasty patients seek to enhance their appearance by reshaping or resizing their nose to better complement their facial features as a whole.
It is essential to seek the advice of a renowned rhinoplasty specialist to see if nose reshaping improve my appearance. Surgeons will take photos and inquire about the patient’s medical history during the consultation and inquire about:
– The skin’s appearance
– Racial and ethnic origins
– Age is a factor (Unless severe breathing problems are present, the person should be age 15 or older)
– Preexisting surgical or trauma scars
– Breathing difficulties or nasal obstruction in the past
The surgeon will also explain:
– Re-shaping the nose with nasal bones and cartilage
– When and how the procedure will be completed
– The location of the surgery
– Anesthetic options
– Possibilities for issues
Additionally, chin implants may be recommended in order to achieve a more symmetrical facial appearance and to determine if nose reshaping improve my appearance.
What Are the Benefits of Nose Reshaping?
– The proportion of nose size to facial harmony
– If you have wide nostrils, you’ve got a wide nose.
– There are visible humps or depressions on the bridge of the nose in this design.
– A nasal tip that is drooping, upturned, or hooked
– Large, wide, or upturned nostrils
– Asymmetry of the nasal septum
Keep in mind that everyone’s face has some degree of asymmetry if you want a more balanced nose. The goal is to create a balanced and proportionate face, but the results may not be perfectly symmetrical.
What About Candidacy?
Rhinoplasty is beneficial to people of all ages. Although rhinoplasty is a common procedure for young patients, cosmetic surgeons are cautious when determining if a teen is ready for the procedure and if nose reshaping improve my appearance. The nose must be completely formed by the age of fourteen for girls and sixteen for boys, on average. Patients of all ages, including those under the age of 25, must demonstrate mature emotions and an understanding of the surgical process.
Expectations should be kept in check for all patients regardless of age. If you’re unhappy with your nose, rhinoplasty may be able to help, but it’s impossible to achieve “perfection.” If you’re looking for a natural-looking nose, a qualified plastic surgeon can help you achieve it.
A Plastic Surgeon’s Qualifications
Nose reshaping is a complicated procedure that should only be performed by a plastic surgeon with specialized training. Look for a facial plastic surgeon with a lot of experience in rhinoplasty and a significant portion of their practice.
You should look at before and after photos of previous patients’ rhinoplasty surgeries when interviewing potential surgeons. Find out the number of nose reshaping procedures the surgeon has performed. Each patient’s results should appear natural, it is an indication of a surgeon whose cosmetic outcomes matches yours.
A small splint may be applied to the patient’s nose immediately following surgery to protect it and keep the new structure in place. For a minimum of five days, the splint must be worn. A day or two after surgery, if the surgeon used absorbent dressings, the packing comes out of the patient’s nose.
Sutures (stitches) used in the nose may be made of absorbable materials that do not need to be removed in the future. After about a week, you can have any external sutures removed.
What To Expect After Having Surgery
– In some cases, swelling of the nose can last for weeks. Most patients notice an improvement in their appearance within a few weeks, but the full resolution of the swelling in the nose can take up to a year.
– Cold compresses or pain medication may be prescribed by the surgeon to alleviate pain or discomfort.
– The first day following surgery is when swelling and puffiness of the face are most noticeable.
– Bruising or swelling around the eyes is common.
– One week for the majority of people is all it takes to get back to work or school.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Interested to know about your rhinoplasty options and can nose reshaping improve my appearance? Whether you are thinking about having such as or , a non- such or have had prior and are seeking additional touch-ups, it is critical to work with a skilled that specializes in facial procedures. Dr. Robert Sheffield is a at SB Aesthetics offering services to those in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Oxnard and Ventura, CA, and the surrounding communities. Dr. Sheffield offers patients a customized treatment plan and is available to answer your questions. To schedule a , call 805.318.3280 today.