A Comprehensive Analysis of The Best Lip Fillers Available Today
- Hyaluronic acid lip fillers like Restylane and Juvederm dominate the market.
- Hyaluronic acid lip fillers offer top-tier results with minimal negative side effects.
- The results may last for up to 12 months.
- The total treatment cost is dependent on various factors, including your geographical location, type of lip fillers users, and the number and type of syringes used.
- Hyaluronic acid lip fillers are easily reversible, in case you’re not satisfied with the results.
It’s not always to know what is the best lip filler is in your particular situation. Non-invasive cosmetic procedures like injectable lip fillers can be used to plump up and smooth your lips temporarily for a fuller, plumper appearance. The top lip fillers create a voluminous look that also appears natural. They offer great results and have almost no risks to them.
Hyaluronic acid fillers are widely preferred for this reason. Last year, over 2.5 million hyaluronic filler injections were carried out in the US alone, making it the most widely used filler type in the country.
Qualities of Good Lip Fillers
The best lip fillers define, smoothen, and volumize the lips. It endows them with a natural appearance as well. Lip fillers can also be utilized for helping lips appear more symmetrical or plump or filling in vertical lip lines.
Top-tier fillers can help you reach your aesthetic beauty goals by making your lips look overly plump. If the results are not to your liking, they can be reversed easily as well. Lip fillers must have an even distribution without any uneven areas, bumps, or lumps.
Lip Filler Recommendations
Some lip fillers offer better results compared to alternatives in the market. Lip augmentation experts agree that hyaluronic acid lip fillers tend to be the best since they offer consistent results at low risk of negative side effects and are widely available across the country. These factors make it a better choice.
Hyaluronic acid happens to be a natural complex sugar present throughout the human body. It is present in bodily fluids, cartilage, and the skin due to which it is less likely to result in an adverse allergic reaction compared to other fillers. As a result, most experts recommend hyaluronic acid fillers by a wide margin.
Restylane and Juvederm top the list of hyaluronic lip fillers as they both offer consistent, natural results that are safe and effective. You can take them with lidocaine to alleviate pain during and after the procedure.
Hyaluronidase is an injectable natural enzyme that is used to reverse hyaluronic acid filler treatments if they are not to the liking of the patient. The results are dependent on the provider’s skills. Even high-performing fillers may look amateurish if not administered properly.
What results are you expecting?
Lips fillers are a versatile solution to numerous aesthetic problems. Most people undergoing lip filler treatments do it for the following reasons:
- Smoothing their lips
- Adding and plumping the volume of the lips
- Filling in lipstick line above one’s upper lip
- Achieving a symmetrical appearance
Juvederm Lip Filler
The Juvederm Volbella XC and Ultra XC are 2 widely-used hyaluronic-based lip fillers with the former being used to treat vertical lip lines while the latter adds a sense of plumpness to the patient’s lips.
- No downtime
- The treatment takes 15 to 30 minutes on average.
- Consistent, immediate, and effective results
- The possibility of further adjustments if needed
- Reversible results for unsatisfied patients
- Low risk of allergic reactions
- Minor side effects such as minor redness, swelling, and bruising
- The results need to be repeated after a period of 1 year.
- Lidocaine administration during the treatment may cause allergic reactions or prolonged numbness.
Restylane Lip Fillers
Another great example of a hyaluronic lip filler is Restylane Silk, which is similar to the lip fillers from Juvederm, save for a couple of exceptions:
- Juvederm and Restylane have a smoother and granular texture respectively.
- Juvederm treatments tend to be more expensive on average
- Juvederm offers immediate results that last for up to 12 months
- Restylane offers results that only last for 10 months and take several days before they are visible.
Alternative Hyaluronic Lip Filler Options
There are many lip filler options other than Restylane and Juvederm that are specifically designed to enhance the plump appearance of the lips.
A Belotero lip filler treatment may last for six months to a year, based on the type of formula used. They are offered in three variants to treat different issues:
- Belotero Intense – This resolves deep lines and adds volume
- Belotero Soft – This softens fine lip lines and enhances the lips
- Belotero Balance and Basic – This reduces shallow lip lines and adds volume.
A review of leading scientific papers on this topic revealed that Belotero offers consistent results in the long run with minimal risks with the Balance and Basic and Intense variants leading the list.
Although practitioners may refer to some dermal fillers as regular lip fillers, note that they weren’t necessarily designed for this use.
Such off-label usage of fillers may have dangerous effects as they haven’t been approved to treat these conditions. Off-label usage may damage the lips by migrating or adding excess volume to the lips.
Long-Lasting Lip Fillers
Juvederm offers results that may last for up to 12 months. Fat transfer happens to be a semipermanent procedure with results lasting for many years.
Most Affordable Lip Filler Choices
While the pricing depends on what brand you choose, your location and provider’s charges also determine your costs to a great extent. The total number of procedures and syringes required will also affect the overall cost.
|Lip Filler Brand||Average Cost per Syringe||How long It Lasts|
|Juvederm||$550–$900||Up to 12 months|
|Restylane||$300–$650||Up to 10 months|
A fat transfer procedure will set you back by $3000 – $6000 since it’s an invasive procedure that involves injections and liposuction.
Hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are the best lip filler injections available on the market today.
They offer natural and consistent results with almost no downtime or side effects. If the results are not to your liking, your provider will use hyaluronidase to reverse them safely.
While fat transfer offers long-lasting results, it’s also more invasive and expensive.
Whether you go for a fat transfer treatment or a hyaluronic acid filler, we recommend picking a skilled and qualified practitioner who can carry out both procedures for the best results. Don’t go for fillers suggested for off-label usage since they may damage your appearance or cause harmful side effects.
Click below to learn more about how Injectables are used in non-surgical procedures.
Back to Fillers with PRP Facelift
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Whether you are thinking about having an aesthetic treatment, a non-surgical procedure or have had prior surgery and are seeking to additional touch-ups, it is critical to work with a skilled plastic surgeon who specializes in facial procedures. Dr. Robert Sheffield is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon at SB Aesthetics offering aesthetic and cosmetic services to those in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Oxnard and Ventura, CA, and the surrounding communities. Dr. Sheffield offers patients a customized treatment plan and is available to answer your questions. To schedule a consultation, call 805.318.3280 today.